Backyard Party Decorations
Backyard parties offer a safer way to gather with friends and family during the COVID-19 pandemic. Six months ago, we would’ve never imagined searching for “socially distant” ways to design a party, but here we are. Movie Prop Rentals brings innovative backyard party ideas to you with themed and custom-designed decorations, table and chair rentals, signs, statutes, and party games. These are unprecedented times, so why not throw an unprecedented party– so long as you can do it safely?
Popular Themes for Backyard Parties
Transform your backyard into a whole new world with one of the following popular themes:
- Alice in Wonderland
- Arabian Nights
- Christmas in July
- Garden Party
- Halloween Horror
- High School Stereotypes
- Jet-Setting Travel
- Jungle Adventure
- Mardi Gras
- Nightclub Vibe
- Outer Space
- Oversized Food Land
- Retro Roller-skating
- Sports Memorabilia
- Storybook Characters
- Taj Mahal
- Vintage Car Show
- Wild Wild West
Simply choose a theme, and we’ll whip up an inventory list and sample layout. We ship anywhere within the U.S. and can travel to help with setup and teardown if you wish.
Fun Backyard Party Ideas During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Providing guests with entertainment is part of throwing a memorable backyard party. In light of recent circumstances, there are plenty of backyard party ideas that will reduce awkwardness and anxiety, and help your guests relax in a fun, safe environment.
- Hire an entertainer like an acrobat, magician, storyteller, or music act, with seating spaced accordingly.
- Use gloves while playing outdoor games like bocce, lawn darts, frisbee, or giant bowling.
- Have the kids participate in a scavenger hunt or sidewalk chalk art contest.
- Art stations with painting kits can be a big hit for older children or even adults.
- Set up a karaoke machine (with disposable mic covers) so guests can belt their hearts out.
- By day, you can host a baseball game or ping pong tournament.
- When the sun sets, gear up for an epic laser tag match.
In terms of food for your event, consider having one masked, gloved person dish everybody up, rather than serving buffet-style. Consider single-serving snack packs, rather than large bags of communal chips and dips. You can put small, single-serving cups of potato salad or fruit salad topped with lids in a cooler. Sandwiches or appetizers appropriately spaced apart can work, too.
You can grill but have different groups use their own utensils, marked with colored tape. Bottled drinks or BYOB in separate coolers, as well as single-serving condiment packages, are recommended. Consider dining tables with assigned seating, segregated by household, or a “bring your own picnic” setup. You might also create an outdoor restaurant with small tables and proper social distancing in place. Rented food trucks also make a cool, hygienic way to serve a group.
We Make Custom Backyard Party Decorations
Our Miami, Florida warehouse contains tens of thousands of backyard party decorations, so you’re bound to find the perfect props to make your event memorable. However, if you have unusual needs or would like truly one-of-a-kind personalized signage, we can accommodate you through our in-house 3D printing and foam carving studio. We specialize in oversized signs and sculptures that razzle-dazzle audiences with sheer size, artisan detail, and durable “Hollywood-grade” finishes. We’ve designed for countless celebrities, Fortune 500 corporations, and private citizens alike. Contact us for details and price quotes.
Backyard Party Decor Ideas To Reinforce Social Distancing
The big question is: how do you keep people from mingling too closely? While you can’t control the behavior of others, you can design your event with these social-distancing-friendly backyard party ideas in mind:
- Rent a fire pit to provide a focal point for the celebration and arrange 6-foot spaced seating around it.
- Decorate an open pergola with flowers and fairy lights or use a nautical sail for shade.
- Use open bell tents and flooring with planters and sheer walls to create a chic dining space.
- Design individual cocktail tables with independent drink stations to avoid everyone crowding one place.
- Create different environments such as cocktail lounges, teepees, movie theaters, or picnic zones.
- Set up small swimming pools around the yard to offer kids a fun place to cool off.
- Erect a backyard movie theater. If you have a lot of space, have cars pull up for a drive-in.
- Create decorative, themed “pod” areas with a few seats to encourage intimate conversation.
What Does the CDC Say About Backyard Gatherings?
It’s safest to congregate when test positivity rates are below 5 percent. Generally speaking, the CDC says the lowest risk is found in a situation where there is a “smaller, outdoor gathering” in which individuals from different households “remain spaced at least six feet apart, wear cloth face coverings, do not share objects, and come from the same community/town/city/county.” Encourage frequent sanitization by making hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, tissues, and no-touch trash cans visibly available.
Contact Movie Prop Rentals for your Backyard Party Design
Movie Prop Rentals is here for your backyard party decorating and design needs. All items are thoroughly wiped down and sanitized prior to their arrival. Our team is as small as a family and takes every precaution to stay healthy. You’ll be happy to know we offer flexible arrangements, should your party require last-minute changes or cancellations. Contact us for details.