For more than 30 years, Movie Prop Rentals has provided the design expertise and custom props needed to create memorable scenes. Award-winning art director Jerry Blohm has won Clio and Cannes Film Festival awards for his vision – which he now puts to work for you in his 3D Foam Fabrication and Carving Studio, creating the foam props you need to fill gaps in your design. If you need the whole kit-and-kaboodle, Jerry and his crew can provide full-service art direction and design, scene setup, prop rental, and scene teardown, in addition to the popular foam fabrication service. Contact us for a free quote.
Custom Foam Props
We’ve done a number of custom foam props for films, music videos, commercials, and special events, including:
- Architectural structures (Think Statue of Liberty, the Hollywood sign, or the Eiffel Tower!)
- Vessels (from UFOS to pirate ships to airplane interiors)
- Busts (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Han Solo in Carbonite, Theodore Roosevelt, your boss, whoever you’d like!)
- Animals (cow mascots, Easter bunnies, lions, rhinos, elephants, and more)
- Signage (truck stops, construction sites, barber shop poles, Tiki bars, Farmer’s market stands, neon signs)
- Letters (corporate logos, names, milestone numbers)
- Halloween (coffins, tombstones, skeletons, and haunted lounges)
- Oversized (giant candy, food, cacti, storybooks, floating skate ramps, even Alice’s Wonderland!)
Our team consists of two art directors, a production designer, and a construction foreman. We can supply additional setup and tear-down crew as needed, based on the size and scope of your project.
What Are Foam Fabricators?
Foam fabricators are artisans who work with a combination of carving tools and game-changing technology. First, we work with your vision to create custom computer designs. From there, we create objects on a 3D printer made out of multiple foam layers. We can further sculpt, carve, hard-coat, and paint.
Benefits of foam props over traditional props in our warehouse are that they are:
- Custom-made to exacting specifications in size, color, and shape.
- Lightweight enough to hang, easy to transport, and cheap to ship.
- Strong, with weather-resistant hard coating and shiny lacquered paint options.
- Versatile and able to be made to look like other materials, including metal and wood.
- Quick to create, with most designs made within two weeks and “the impossible” achieved in 4-6 weeks.
- Affordable, with multiple price options based on object volume, raw material, human work, and other factors.
We own the 3D printing machine and never outsource your order, so you are assured a positive customer experience in terms of speed, service, and pricing. The prop fabrication process can be done in as little as two weeks. Whatever you can dream up — we make it happen, without exception or excuse!
Are You in the Market for Custom Foam Fabrication?
- Shooting a movie, music video, or TV commercial?
- Setting up a stage for a theatrical performance, concert, or awards ceremony?
- Organizing a wedding, anniversary, festival, tradeshow, tailgate party, or corporate event?
- Designing a museum exhibit, art gallery display, mall concourse, hotel lobby, or amusement park signage?
Then we want to hear from you! The applications for custom-made props are endless. We’ve worked with many diverse groups to make big dreams a reality. No project is too big or too small. You receive the same personalized attention, custom design experience, and award-winning result from us, no matter the size of your budget. Ordering custom props is fast, easy and affordable. Contact us to find out if 3D-printed custom prop fabrication is the right solution for your needs.